Lindsey Leake is a multimedia journalist, American University graduate student and Princeton University graduate with nearly eight years' experience in digital and print journalism.
Lindsey is a National Online News Producer for Circa, the national digital desk of Sinclair Broadcast Group - the largest TV broadcasting company in the nation - in Washington, D.C. She writes, edits and produces multimedia content for 140+ news and entertainment websites in 80+ TV markets across the country. Lindsey thrives on reporting breaking news online for Circa.com and Sinclair's vast network of TV stations.
Prior to joining Sinclair's national digital desk, Lindsey was a Web Editor at WJLA-TV and its sister cable station NewsChannel 8 in Washington, D.C., and a Digital Content Producer at WRIC-TV in Richmond, Virginia. She authored breaking news stories, rewrote TV packages for the web, managed stations' social media accounts, and field produced special events.
Before jumping into the intersection of digital and broadcast journalism, Lindsey was the Assistant Editor - Promotions & Special Projects at Virginia Living magazine, and held editorial internships at Northern Virginia and Washington Spaces magazines. During her junior year at Princeton University, she was on the Business Today publishing staff.
M.A. Journalism and Digital Storytelling
Expected to graduate spring 2019
B.A. Italian with Journalism
Certificate in Translation and Intercultural Communication
Graduated June 2010
Virginia viticulture: Winemaking ripens in the Old Dominion | April 28, 2018 | American University
- Satan or psychosis? Mistaking mental illness for demonic possession | Oct. 20, 2017 | American University
- Hookers for Hillary: Legal prostitutes in Nevada sing Clinton's praises | Feb. 20, 2016 | Sinclair Broadcast Group
- 9 lives lost in Charleston shooting celebrated with song, cheer | June 19, 2015 | Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Delinquency Is Only Skin Deep | April 2012 | Northern Virginia magazine
- Hurricane Irma | September 2017 | Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Trump inauguration | January 2017 | Washington, D.C.
- Emanuel AME Church shootings | June 2015 | Charleston, South Carolina